Ok couples, everyone knows that planning a wedding big, small, or informal is hard work. You are worried about what to wear, who to invite , finding a venue, what to serve, should it be a destination wedding , choosing invites, wedding flowers, themes , colors, and trying to make both sides of your families happy., finding vendors you can afford and like…Ugh… the list goes on and on.
Here is a short list of ideas to hopefully make your wedding day as stress free as possible:
1. Keep The Ceremony Short And Sweet – Find an officiant to do your wedding as early in the planning process as you can. This will take a huge load off of your mind. Why? Because you can’t have a wedding without someone official to marry you. nowadays people’s attention spans are much shorter due to the onslaught of info available online and on social media. You don’t want to look out over a full room of guests with their heads down checking their emails or texting during your nuptials Sometimes couples go all out with their wedding and they end up dragging out their actually ceremony, but if you want to make it the best wedding possible, then keep things short and sweet. Keeping your ceremony short and sweet will also keep your guests from becoming bored, which means you will be able to easily hold their attention throughout the entire ceremony. As for how long your entire ceremony should last, try to keep in no longer than 20-30 minutes, as this should be enough time to have an amazing ceremony, while making sure everyone’s attention stays on you and your partner.
2. Use An App or Hashtag – Wedding apps are interactive, and they can make your wedding more fun for everyone in attendance. For example, an app may allow you and your guests to snap some photos and then upload them to one place. When you do something like this, you and your partner will keep things interesting and everyone will love uploading photos of your wedding right there and then, and even those who are not able to attend your wedding will be able to use the app you’re using. This will allow them to keep up with what is going on at your wedding.
3. Make Welcome Baskets – who doesn’t love something free?! If you want to have the best wedding, then create a welcome basket that you can give to your guests. The welcome basket doesn’t have to be over-the-top and include a bunch of expensive items, as your guests will appreciate just about any items that you decide to give to them. However, if you want to save money, then you can buy items that people use every single day, such as soap, shampoos and other types of toiletries. When you do this, then you will make it a memorable experience for all of your guests and you will love making them happy, which means your wedding will be that much better.
4. Choose The Right Destination and Venue – If you want to have the best wedding possible, then you will want to choose the right destination, which means you will need to do a little bit of research, so take your time when you are looking around for wedding destinations. However, if you plan on inviting a lot of people, then you will want to keep that in mind and make sure you choose a a place that your guests will easily be able to get to and afford to get to. When you do this, then you will keep everyone happy, and your wedding will be more enjoyable for you, your partner and all of your guests. There is nothing worse than paying for a bunch of empty seats.
5. Have An Open Bar – Regardless of where you have your wedding, the chances are there will be drinks available at the reception, which should be held near your wedding destination. With that said, you should spend a little bit of money and have an open bar, as this will make your wedding even more fun, and you and your guests will love it. Having an open bar is one of the easiest ways to get the most from your big day, so make sure you look into how much it would cost to have an open bar for when your big day arrives. Guests don’t expect to have to pay for their drinks. Have a signature drink and a few choice options if you are on a budget. Your guests will also be more likely to tip the bartenders.
6. Get your Invites out As Early As Possible – In order to make sure you have the best wedding, you will want to create invites as soon as possible and then send them out ASAP. Make sure you include the deadline for when people can accept or deny your invite, as it is important to know who will be attending your wedding. The last thing you want to do is to be stressing out due to not knowing how many people will be attending your wedding. When you know how many people will be at your wedding, then it makes things easier to plan, but if you want to save money on invites, then create an e-vite and then follow it up with a phone call. Post regulary on your social media pages about your big day and perhaps even do a wedding website where your guests and family can keep up to date on what is to happen when.
7. Hire A Wedding Planner – Perhaps the best thing you can do to have the best wedding is to hire a wedding planner. A wedding planner can handle every single aspect of your wedding and this can help ensure that everything goes smoothly on your b
ig day. Shop around for different wedding planners and then choose the one you think can meet your needs the most, and before you know it, you will be on your way to having the perfect wedding. If you can’t afford a wedding planner , enlist the help of a reliable friend or relative that is known for being organized, has great personality and problem solving skills and is trustworthy.
Having the best wedding can be challenging but not impossible. You may feel stressed especially as the days go by so quickly. This is why it is important to keep these few crucial tips and advice in mind. Start planning your wedding as early as possible, and before you know it, you will be enjoying your big day, and so will everyone else!